PM4SD, Project Management for Sustainable Tourism, is a new methodology and qualification designed to plan and implement tourism projects with sustainability. PM4SD aims to become the internationally recognised methodology to use tourism as a force for social, economic and cultural change, supporting the delivery of successful projects in a way that ensures benefits for everyone: visitors, local communities and stakeholders alike. The methodology is based on PRINCE2®, Projects in Controlled Environments, the de facto project management standard used both in the public and private sector worldwide.
The Foundation for European Sustainable Tourism (FEST) is in charge of maintaining and disseminating the methodology worldwide.
You can visit FEST website to find out more information related to events and accredited training organisations. PM4SD applies whenever an organisation needs to plan and manage a sustainable tourism initiative, providing a guarantee that the project will be transformed into concrete actions, with clearly defined roles and responsibilities, and that these actions will have a real impact on local communities. It is a practice to be adopted for participatory, transparent and effective management. The methodology was developed and tested by Jlag in partnership with European key tourism stakeholders such as Leeds Metropolitan University and NECSTouR, and it has been certified by APMG International, a world leading examination institute. You can visit the website www.pm4esd.eu to know more about the work done during the 2013.
Why join the PM4SD Training Courses?
PLAN your destination with sustainability
DESIGN successful and sustainable tourism projects
MANAGE your sustainable tourism project successfully
LEARN how to get funding support for your tourism projects
MONITOR how fundings are spent
CERTIFY your competences in tourism management
ENHANCE your career internationally
TRANSFORM your project ideas into concrete actions
APPLY the sustainable tourism indicators with method
NETWORK with key tourism players
DEVELOP new fresh tourism project ideas
Who is right for the PM4SD qualification?
- Programme managers
- Project managers
- Team managers
- Aspiring project managers
- Project assurance
- Project support
- Operational line managers/staff
- Policy makers
- Destination managers
- Tourism researchers and academics
- Public and private tourism organisations
- Trade bodies
- Training organisations
Courses and Qualification
The PM4SD qualification is organised in two levels: Foundation and Practitioner. Through dynamic lectures, case studies, and small group interactions, you will be prepared to take your tourism management skills to the next level and enhance your contribution to sustainability.
- 3 DAYS INTENSIVE COURSE & FINAL EXAM
- The Foundation training will provide you with the knowledge and understanding to work effectively within a project management team to successfully deliver a sustainable tourism project. The foundation level is also a pre-requisite for the practitioner certification.
- Visit the PM4SD Foundation page to have more information about this level as well as the next training course calendar.
- 2 DAYS INTENSIVE COURSE & FINAL EXAM
- A certified practitioner will have the skills to successfully manage and deliver a sustainable tourism project, using PM4SD methodology. The Practitioner is the second of the two PM4SD examinations you are required to pass to become a Registered PM4SD Practitioner.
- Visit the PM4SD Practitioner page to have more information about this level as well as the next training course calendar.